Sarah Ward, MS CCC-SLP
Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP and Co-Director has over 20 years experience in diagnostic evaluations, treatment and
case management of children, adolescents and adults with a wide range of developmental and
acquired brain based learning difficulties and behavioral problems not limited to but including:
• Attention Deficit Disorder
• Verbal Learning Disabilities
• Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities
• Asperger Syndrome
• Other Social-Cognitive Learning Disabilities
• Traumatic Brain Injury
• Acquired Brain Injury
Her particular interest is in the assessment and treatment of executive function deficits.
Sarah also provides consultation and expert witness testimony regarding the symptoms and functional
presentation of deficits associated with brain based learning disabilities and the appropriateness of
academic placement and treatment programs.
She became a specialist in the assessment and rehabilitation of traumatic brain injury with an
emphasis on the treatment of executive functions. She subsequently began to train graduate students
in speech and language pathology, medical and special education professionals on the symptoms and
treatment methods to improve the language, cognitive, executive function and social skills of brain
Sarah is a Past President of the Massachusetts Brain Injury Association, member of
the Massachusetts Acquired Brain Injury Advisory Board and the National Institutes of Health Model
Systems Traumatic Brain Injury Grant Advisory Board and is a member of the American Speech and
Language Hearing Association. She holds a faculty appointment at the Massachusetts General
Hospital Institute of Health Professions where she provides instruction to graduate level students in the
assessment techniques, development of therapeutic objectives, and intervention strategies for
individuals with traumatic brain injury.
Sarah is dedicated to developing innovative treatment strategies and educating the community to
understand, care for and celebrate the learning and behavioral based differences in individuals with
brain based learning differences.
A popular speaker, Sarah regularly presents locally, nationally and internationally on the topic of executive functions
to a variety of professional and parent organizations, school and lay groups.
She has presented to
and consulted with over 350 public and private schools in Massachusetts and across the United States.
• Recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute
of Health Professions, May, 2005.
• Recipient of the Faculty in Excellence Award from the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute
of Health Professions, May, 2002 and 2011
• Recipient of the Partners in Excellence Award from the Massachusetts General Hospital ,
• Recipient of the Stephanie Macaluso Expertise in Clinical Practice Award for the Massachusetts
General Hospital , June 1998.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
• Licensed Speech and Language Pathologist of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Certificate of Clinical Competence of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association